I'm selling my home, and I need to request a copy of the documents.

Many sales contracts will require that the seller provide a copy of the governing documents during an option period.

As a property owner, you can obtain an “unofficial” copy of these governing documents at any time through the Owner/Resident Portal.

Prior to closing, the title company will usually request an “official” copy of those documents. As “official” copies, they are guaranteed, and there is a fee for those. The seller typically pays for this as part of their closing costs.  

If your realtor is asking you to obtain copies, you can usually provide an unofficial copy that you can obtain for free from the resident portal. 

Always confirm with your title company before purchasing an official copy so that you only end up paying for them once. 

For more information, please read our blog post on how to prepare for selling your home in an HOA